Pages

Note about "Database Management Systems"


Here I will share some general information for all of the blog's viewers.
It about ones of my subject in DBIT course.
Database
???
Maybe it make your head turning down because this words is really weird for me at first.
But now when I hear someone said "database", it just kind of jokes for me.
Okeyh back to our topic.
Read carefully and if any question you can just hit comment button and I will respond quickly.
DBMS
Stands for "Database Management System."
DBMS is a database program.
It is a software system that uses a standard method of cataloging, retrieving, and running queries on data.
The DBMS manages incoming data, organizes it, and provides ways for the data to be modified or extracted by users or other programs.
Some DBMS examples include MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Access, SQL Server, FileMaker, Oracle, RDBMS, dBASE, Clipper, and FoxPro.
Since there are so many database management systems available, it is important for there to be a way for them to communicate with each other.
For this reason, most database software comes with an Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) driver that allows the database to integrate with other databases.
For example, common SQL statements such as SELECT and INSERT are translated from a program's proprietary syntax into a syntax other databases can understand.

That all for today.
For some word that I have bold and underline is some note that really important.
I'll just give a short info about "Database".
I hope with this short note will help some IT students same as me.
For me this note is really useful and credit to http://www.techterms.com/definition/dbms

0 comments: